Blog Love: Perfectly Taylored....

...or, a shameless plug for a talented friend. =)

As you know, I'm not a terribly crafty person. I spent the first 23 years of my life avoiding all things artsy but in the past year I've ventured out and created a few things that didn't look entirely like first grade art projects... nothing truly noteworthy, but as long as my project turns out decent I'm okay with it.

However, I am fully aware that there are other people in the world who are not only "into" crafting, they're really good at it. One of those people is my best friend Brook, who is truly talented at making beautiful things. She can sew, paint, draw, arrange, and basically take an idea that I could make look like a flea market discard and make it look like it belongs in a Hobby Lobby display. She's that good! In fact, she handmade most of the decorations for her wedding and it was one of prettiest weddings I've ever seen... totally Pinterest-worthy and beautiful! 

SO, I have been telling Brook for a while that she really needs to start a blog that a) tells us less-crafty people how to make some of this stuff and b) allow those of us who are both un-crafty and lazy busy to purchase the lovely things she makes. A few weeks she got it up and running, and I am happy to introduce you to one of her products featured at her blog, Perfectly Taylored. (Her last name is Taylor... cute, right? =)

Since Brook and her husband (hi, Blake!) live across the street from us, I can always see her door and its beautiful wreaths (shaming me into trying to change my wreath more than at Christmas!) and recently, creeped across like a creeper to examine her new garden flag. Burlap! Monogram! Flower pins! Soooo cute... and when I complimented her, she did what a good friend would do and made one for me!





Aren't these flowers beautiful?


Chevron and polka dots... she knows me too well!

If you live around these parts, you definitely need to contact Brook about prices and about making you one of these (she also does wreaths and other pretty things, although you would have to talk to her about that specifically since I don't want to make promises that can't be kept. =) You can personalize your flag with fabric choices and a monogram or flowers or whatever! I promise you'll love it. And if you need some inspiration, check out her latest post about her other uses of burlap... seriously, the girl is gifted. 

 So, stop by Brook's blog and be inspired... and better yet contact her about getting yourself some of this loveliness (or buying one for someone else. Mother's Day? Done.)


Ash

No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!