A Successful Library Trip

I wanted to kill time in my endless day go to the library this afternoon totally forgot that my card was in our car, with Jonathan, at work. 

*Time out- this is AFTER I woke up this morning with blood all over my pillow. There's nothing like coming out of a deep sleep and feeling like you're in a murder scene. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I was frantically trying to discover the source of the carnage and found that it had come from my completely gashed-up lip. Who knows how that happened?! It was a less-than-leisurely way to start the day, needless to say. So maybe I just needed a nice, relaxing outing. Time in.*

I ran over anyway to drop off my books (just in time!) and hoped that we could come back later. (I say "hope" because for some mysterious reason my husband doesn't really love following me around the library while I load myself down with yet another bagful of books.) Anyway, I persuaded him to drop me off tonight on his way to get a haircut and I was inspired on the way over to look at the movie section, something I've never bothered with before. 

Our local library in California had, seriously, the most incredible movie section with an unbelievably awesome selection of classics. Every library I've been to since has been a letdown, so I've just stuck to the books. However, I've been in a Broadway mood ALL day (ask anyone who saw me jamming to Wicked in my car) and I was itching for a good musical. (Sadly my actual movie collection is pitifully small... one day I'm robbing my parents blind.) Anyway, I hit the JACKPOT at the library and made myself narrow my choices down to five so that I didn't become a complete zombie for the next couple days. 




High Society, Good News, Holiday Inn, The King and I, and Oklahoma! I could die of happiness. 

If I could add to this list, I'd include State Fair, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, By the Light of the Silvery Moon, and Take Me Out to the Ballgame. You just can't beat a great musical. (Also I'm enjoying these while Mamaw's out of town since she doesn't like "all that singing." I'm nothing if not a good granddaughter.) 


AND even though I wasn't even planning on checking out books (I already have Killing Lincoln and Life of Pi waiting on my Kindle), I just couldn't help myself and came out with a new stack just like always. Now I've got my coffee and I'm bundled up in a sweatshirt and looking obnoxiously jolly: 


I'm all settled in for the night (and possibly the weekend.) The headphones are because Jonathan is has an unsophisticated entertainment palate and did not want to watch (or sing) along with me. Oh well... his loss! Here's to escaping reality for hours at a time! =)  

Ash

No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!