A Little Golf Lesson...

Since Jonathan and I have been together (going on 7 years now) one of his primary interests, other than, well, me =), has been golf. And while I don't HATE golf... I'm just not wild about it. There's never time to go golfing during the school year, so he always finds himself going to the golf course in the summer time. Maybe I've just missed the whole point, but going to play a very slooowww game, OUTSIDE, in the wretchedly humid heat of summer, seems like something only a crazy person would do not the most appealing activity in the world. And don't even get me started about watching golf on tv. Oh. my. word. ZZZZZ...... well, you get my point. But Jonathan enjoys it, so I only complain at regular intervals try to endure it for his sake.

However, I've decided recently that I could apply the old adage, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." By recently, I mean it occurred to me about an hour ago when I walked in the backyard and Jonathan was hitting a few golf balls around. Then I had the sudden epiphany that it might be a good idea to at least get a few pointers and develop a deeper appreciation for the game my husband loves so much. (Truthfully, it just looked like fun and summer boredom is setting in. =)

So, I hired a really cute golf instructor (wink, wink) and got started.



You can feel the enthusiasm through the screen, eh?



Such form!





This is hardly a flattering picture, but it's funny because Jonathan happened to capture the face I made when I hit the ball really far (and into the neighbor's yard. Oops!).



The true master!



My instructor may or may not have a crush on me. (I'm a lucky girl!)



He thinks he's very cool because he can keep the golf ball bouncing on his wedge. (Like a hacky sack, but for golfers, I guess. Needless to say I failed miserably at this trick.)







And our lovely first (but hopefully not last) lesson came to an end. Happy golfing to us!

Anyone else have a new sport/hobby they're picking up these days? Maybe next I'll try my hand at crocheting! (Ha... that's a good one, even for me!)


Ash

2 comments

  1. haha I got a kick out of this! I always love reading them!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sound just like me and Bryan. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!