Hello, Third Trimester! (28-Week Update)

You guys, I cannot believe my third trimester begins today. I mean, I've never been good at math but I can count, and I still am in shock that these weeks have actually passed and here we are. I know we still have a while to go (thank goodness- so much to do!) but it's the home stretch now. In just a few months Alice will be here and my humdrum life will suddenly be far more interesting. 

As she grows, I feel myself getting anxious about actually meeting her. I can't wait to see what she'll look like, who she'll look like, if her hair will be dark like Jonathan's or her eyes will be green like mine. Ah! Even though there are a million things to do before she comes, I am constantly daydreaming about what it will be like when she's here... it does make the never-ending process of figuring out baby stuff a little more enjoyable. (Although buying her clothes is no chore, that's for sure. =) 

It's been a busy couple weeks since I got back from Georgia- in particular, our church had Vacation Bible School last week. It was awesome but exhausting- true of VBS even before I was pregnant but especially this year. (The 90+ temperatures and a finicky AC in the car added to that, I'm sure.) But we did have a wonderful week and spent the last few days recovering. =)



Best children's pastor ever!


Alice's first VBS =)


So, on to the update! 





I wore this dress on Sunday (it was my FAVORITE maternity dress of April's and when she gave it to me on my trip home I nearly died of gratitude- really! I love it that much) and I don't know if it was me or the dress or both but I got a ton of "Wow, you're really looking pregnant!" comments. Ha!



How far along: 28 weeks today!
How big is baby: 15 inches (woah- but I can definitely feel her stretched out!) and around 3 pounds. We'll have a better idea after our next appointment!
Weight gain: I put on some shorts that I last wore about two months ago and they were... quite a bit more snug than before. Ha! But overall I feel okay; obviously some days more than others. =)
Sleeping: It's getting better- mostly because I bought a body pillow last week and it's pretty much the best ten bucks I ever spent at Target. It's not a "maternity" one but it just really helps cushion my stomach when I lie on my side. I have always slept on my stomach so turning over even a little has made it harder to fall asleep but this helps tremendously. Yay!

Food cravings: Dill Pickle Lay's (I know, they sound so nasty but they're SO GOOD) and ice cream- specifically Oreo concrete (similar to a Blizzard) from Freddy's, a restaurant/ice cream (technically custard) place right around the corner from us. They also have theeee best fries and fry sauce... okay, maybe those are a craving too. (For my NC people- I'd say the menu is pretty similar to Andy's.)
Food aversions: nothing really- dangerous, right??
Symptoms: lots of sharp little pains where Miss Priss is apparently tossing elbows into my spleen or something. (I know that's not how it works, okay? I just picture her boxing out like a basketball player in there... maybe she'll be a defense star like Daddy. =)
Miss Anything?:  This is totally shallow but I did see the cutest dress the other day and it made me sad that I can't wear anything with a normal waistline. Other than that, not really!
Doctor’s appointment: Our next appointment is still a week away since my doctor is out of town this week. I'm really looking forward to it because we'll have another ultrasound and get to see our girl!
Clothes: okay, let me take a second and share my good fortune with you... I mentioned last time that I had finally found a pair of maternity shorts but like I said, last week it was HOT and this week (and all of July and August, apparently) will be no better. SO, I knew one pair of shorts that actually fit was not going to cut it. Our local Baby Gap has a great maternity section (and great clearance!) so we popped in on Saturday, and (cue heavenly music and sunbeams) I found another pair of maternity shorts marked down to SEVEN DOLLARS. What?? I changed into them as soon as I got home and let me tell you- I am still over the moon about it. Maybe I care too much about clothes but when it's pushing 100 degrees outside, it's a major win to be able to wear something that's actually comfortable and FITS. God bless Gap!



Best day ever!

Movement: well, I mentioned the elbow jabs, didn't I? =) Really, she moves a lot- it's so weird to watch my stomach bounce around when she's really active. Of  course I love it though! 
Best moment of the week: Is it crazy to say finding those shorts?? Oh, and buying my new pillow too. =)
What I’m looking forward to: Well, I got some money in the mail from consignment clothes I dropped off months ago, so I'll be using that to buy a few things I've been eyeing for the nursery. Item number one will definitely be this print... isn't it so pretty! (That's a quote from Alice in Wonderland, in case you were wondering.)
What I did / Got for baby: we found a few little clearance items this weekend (clothes- guilty!) and a couple of decorative things for the nursery.
Prayer requests: As always, health and safety for the baby and for me. And, this is kind of a long shot but it doesn't hurt to pray- we're really hoping and praying that Jonathan can be transferred to branch of his bank closer to our house (specifically, the one that's less than a mile away.) That would be AMAZING for a lot of reasons, the least of which is not that we'd have so much more time together, which would of course be really nice when the baby comes.

There you go! Between the nursery, books to read, and a million other things, these next few weeks will probably go by super fast! But I'm thankful to be healthy and, as I've said before, having a fairly boring pregnancy which is totally fine by me! Some days I do feel pretty rough, but I guess I don't look quite as haggard as I feel since a lady at the pool today told me, "You'll be a very young mom!" and when I told her I was probably not as young as she thought (26), she gasped in her beautiful Spanish accent, "What!! You look so young! You're just a chicky baby!" (Maybe that's her way of saying baby chick??) Ha! I'm glad to know I haven't lost my youth entirely. ;)'


Ash

No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!