Christmas Playlist

It's that time of year... you can't turn on the radio, visit the mall, or go to church without hearing Christmas music! (Not that I'm complaining AT ALL... it's the best! Also, it's been "that time of year" in my house since September. No shame.) I made a Christmas playlist a couple years ago and I still stand by my love for each of those songs... but this list is a little more "out of the box"; either songs you've probably not heard or new arrangements of old classics. Enjoy!



1. One King by David Phelps- this is a duet and I'm not exactly sure who it's with... some versions say Sonya Isaac and some say his wife but either way it's AWESOME. Seriously, this is one of the most beautiful Christmas songs I've ever heard. I listen to it year-round. Just gorgeous.

2. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Pentatonix- I've been a fan of Pentatonix ever since hearing them on The Sing-Off (bring it back, NBC!!!) and I was thrilled to hear they were coming out with a Christmas album. I grabbed it at Sam's for $8 and this is my favorite on the album (even though everyone and their grandmother shared their "Mary, Did You Know?" on Facebook. It's good but to me this one is better.) 

3. Cold December Night by Michael Buble- ahhh, Michael. This entire album just fills me with joy, but this song in particular is one of my favorites. So pretty, catchy, and mellow- everything you love about Michael Buble. (Also I have a soft spot for this song because of a video my niece made a couple years ago lip-syncing to it. Hilarious!)

4. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve by Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon Levitt- no one will ever top the Carpenters' version of this song, but I found this video a couple years ago and I just think it's adorable. I've loved Zooey Deschanel's voice since Elf and I think she is the closest thing to a modern-day Karen that we have. Plus this song is just cute.

5. Melodies of Christmas by David Archuleta- I haven't watched American Idol in years, but I do remember this kid because he came in second (and totally should have won!) a few seasons back. Anyway, he has a great voice and I love this song. 

6. 364 Days to Go by Brad Paisley- when I was 16 my Sunday school teacher (of all people) bought me this album for Christmas. (To be fair, he was also our very close family friend and is now married to my cousin. Ha! Thanks, Dave.) I love this CD and this song is so sweet (also, check out Born on Christmas Day from the same album. The cutest!!)

7. Believe by Josh Groban- thank you, Polar Express, for bringing us one of the most magical Christmas songs of all time. It's almost enough to make up for the super creepy scene on top of the train with the hobo. I could listen to this song all day.

8. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by Casting Crowns- I love this album but this song is my favorite one, even though it's instrumental! The violinist (Melodee) is unbelievable and this is such a gorgeous arrangement. I put this one on repeat quite a bit!

There you go... make yourself an awesome playlist! (Also, I think I deserve credit for not including the entire 'N Sync Christmas album... oops, I guess I just did. =) Make sure you tell me about other songs that are maybe less well-known! Merry Christmas!


Ash


1 comment

  1. These really are great songs! Michael Buble's album is amazing. I love when he comes up on my Christmas Pandora station.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!