Taco Stew...

So, I've had the recipe for this soup for a while... I guess since we got married, but I just tried it last fall/winter and it was an instant hit in the McNeese house. And while I'm not terribly proud of sharing a recipe that involves mostly canned goods, sometimes I just really need to go with something a little more "prepared," you know? If you enjoy working all day and then coming home and cooking from scratch, my hat's off to you, but I... do not. (I'm not saying I never do, but I'd just rather dinner be waiting for me with as little preparation as possible, because I'm lazy.)

SO... to the recipe. You need:



-One pound of hamburger, browned and drained
-Two cans of diced tomatoes
-Two cans of kidney beans (I only use one because I'm not a big bean fan, and other beans would work just as well.)
-One can of Rotel
-Two cans of creamed corn
-One packet of taco seasoning
-One packet of ranch seasoning


Clearly I should be taking pictures for Taste of Home. Ha!

Mix it all up, bring to a boil and simmer for a while then enjoy! (Or you can put it in the crockpot... a teacher's dream!) It's actually even better the next day (or two days later, since I made this on Saturday and had it for dinner tonight.) It's really like a Mexican chili... thick but a little soupier than most chilis, and it's REALLY good with a little shredded cheese thrown in there with some crackers or tortilla chips.

Enjoy! 


Ash



No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!