Disney Playlist Series...

It's no secret that I'm a bit of a Disney buff. Blame it a childhood without cable television, or a mom who cries over every animated movie, or a dad who loved to surprise us with a new VHS tape every so often... but we watched and owned and rewatched just about every Disney movie out there (even the more obscure ones.) And naturally, the one thing that our family loved the most about these movies was the songs. I own a lot of Disney music on iTunes but it's my Disney Pandora station that definitely gets the most listening time. 

I've been thinking about this post for a while (probably longer than a grown woman should, but I make no apologies) and I have, after far too much deliberation, decided that I can only address this matter in a series of posts because compiling the Disney playlist is just impossible (at least for today.) So, I've broken it down (if that's even possible) into the following categories: 


Clockwise from top left: 1)Buddy Songs, 2)Tear-jerkers, 3)Adventure Songs, 
 4)Silly Songs, 5)Party Songs,
 6)Fighting/Inspirational Anthems,
7)Love Songs, 8)Villains, 9)Lullabies

What? Did I spend all afternoon looking up Disney playlists and trolling IMDB and YouTube? Don't be silly... I'm almost 25. Actually, I did... and it was probably the most fun I've had in a long, long time. No shame in my Disney game! So, in a couple days (and every week for a while) I'll share one playlist. If you have any suggestions/requests for a particular category, fire away! There might even be a guest post or two planned, so stay tuned. 

(I do realize that spending this much time on a big pile of children's songs might seem like a waste, but hey... I've been smiling/singing along for hours and all this fun was free, so I can't say I'm bothered by it. And as my sister pointed out, some people might not "get" this series, but I'd like to think that such a tragic thing wouldn't be true of any of my friends. =)


Ash




No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!