Productivity...

This week hasn't been the greatest. I haven't been sleeping well, I've had collections of stuff to be put away lurking around every corner, and the pile of dishes has seemed to be competing with the pile of laundry to see which one of them can take me hostage and use the other one for ransom. 

This morning, after stumbling bleary-eyed to the car (again) late for school (again) I told Jonathan, "I have GOT to get my life under control today." That's a little melodramatic, but I felt like I was going to scream if I didn't return at least a semblance of order to my life. So this afternoon, instead of taking yet another nap that would only keep me awake at night, I took 45 minutes to clear out the atrocity that was my classroom closet, took 30 minutes to put away two baskets full of clothes (thank you snow day layers!) and another 20 minutes when I got home from the basketball game to do dishes, vacuum, and start a load of laundry. 

Obviously, it's not like any of this stuff was life-changing or even hard to do... it's just the little things that had snow-balled into one constant reminder of all the stuff I have to do that I don't want to do. I'm not expecting anyone to be impressed; I'm just relieved that instead of giving in to another nap or episode or chapter I decided to be productive in spurts of time and climb out from under the pile of stuff that's been driving me crazy for four days.

Some other things I need to do instead of wasting time/procrastinating: 

-take off my horribly chipped nail polish

-clean my bathtub

-organize (or attempt to organize) my two dresser drawers that always get out of control with the addition of tights and socks in the winter

-finish a couple more of the multitude of blog drafts I've started recently.

-get off the couch and back on the treadmill (or something.)


Editing/uploading pictures is probably not the best use of my time either. Oh well.

Top: Target
Skirt: New York and Company (I haven't found anything I really like there for a long time, but I still love their classics like pencils skirts.)
Shoes: Target (clearly I've been suffering from a lack of sleep because what teacher in her right mind wears heels to school?)
Side note: this top was $3.88. Do I need another black and white striped top? Not really.  But apparently my resolve has a price, and it's under four dollars.

So, after this gloriously productive day, with my clothes laid out for tomorrow and my house livable again, I am off to bed for what I hope to be a night where I'm not kept up wondering what bad guy is around the corner. (Thanks, Person of Interest.) 

Ash


1 comment

  1. I've felt the same this week, except my laundry is still strewed over the floor after nat dumped it when looking for some clean socks yesterday. Today!

    Also, might not be a smart shoe choice, but you look darling. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!