Attempts at Being a Sports Enthusiast...

I'm one of those people that wants to be a big-time sports enthusiast, but can't quite pull it off. I used to be one; good grief, when I was twelve I could rattle off the 25-man roster of the Seattle Mariners without stopping for a breath (including batting averages. I was a bit of a talker.) But over the years my interest has waned a bit, much to husband's chagrin. I do, however, know quite a bit more than you'd think just from osmosis of constant ESPN and SportsCenter both on my television and radio.

Don't get me wrong; I still love certain sports teams- Alabama football, Carolina basketball, the Atlanta Braves (and yes, the Mariners, from a distance.) BUT my problem these days is that I get caught up in the individuals playing and before you know it, I've read an article interviewing Johnny Manziel's dad and suddenly I'm all teary-eyed over this poor kid who has been exploited by his university and the media. (I know, he's really a punk, but still...) I've always loved the Seattle Seahawks, and Richard Sherman debacle notwithstanding, I still do. I mean, is there a classier guy in football that Russell Wilson?

Only one that I can think of comes close- Peyton Manning. So I was a little sad when the Seahawks had to face Denver for the Super Bowl. I mean, of course I cheered on my team... Seattle! Hometown! Twelfth Man! Rah-rah-rah! But, Peyton's so nice! He's like the consummate "good guy" of football and Sunday night's slaughter win, which as a Seattle fan should have made me really happy, instead had me feeling really sorry for Peyton. Will his name still be mentioned with the best of the best after losing a game by the biggest Super Bowl deficit since 1993? I hope so.

Anyway, moving on from all that sentimental hoopla: WE WON! And the McNeeses were decked out in our best Seahawks attire (sorry, no actual fan gear, but we did wear green and blue proudly.)


"Cut out my face." You got it, babe.







I think I was trying to look like I was cheering but instead I just look like a moron.


Go Seattle! 



I look really tired and it's because I had just rolled out of bed and into my clothes for choir practice. Hooray for being comatose every Sunday afternoon, right?

Also, if you care, and you probably don't: 
Dress: Banana Republic
Cardigan: Old Navy
Heels: Target




Honestly... this is me the majority of the time.

So, that's me- trying desperately to remain a hardcore sports fan but not quite pulling it off... but most definitely cheering loudly when my teams win. I'm a step up from bandwagon and not quite ignorant, so I guess it's okay. 

Go Team!


Ash


3 comments

  1. I like the team colors better than fan gear anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys wore your colors! I like that way better than yucky jerseys. And you won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha--I'm no sports fan, really, but I think your outfit is very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!