You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Today is a special day... my sweet husband turns 26! Most of the time I try very hard not to be too lovey-dovey about him because, honestly, who wants to hear all my sentimental mush? Probably nobody, that's who. But every now and then I just can't resist, and his birthday is one of those times. 

I did the math yesterday (painful for me) and it's been over 13 years since Jonathan and I first really became acquainted. That means we've been friends for over half our lives! It seems crazy, especially since back then, other than having a major crush on him, I certainly had no idea that we would eventually fall in love, get married, and go through life together. (I would have LOVED to know that around age 15 when every other crush ended in heartbreak. =) 

Psalm 37:23 says, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." I thank God every day that I married a good man. Throughout our marriage, he has followed God (and I've followed him) and led us in the right way. He isn't perfect (and clearly neither am I) but he works so hard, take initiative, and lives with character and integrity, no matter what. People at church ask me all the time, "Does he ever sit still?" I usually laugh and say "Not much!" (although when he does it typically seems to be when I ask him to do laundry or something... huh! Interesting...) But really, he is constantly working, studying, helping, and just trying to be productive in general- not really a trait we share, given my love of naps! 

Although we didn't have nearly as much time with my Papaw as I wish we could have, he always described Jonathan that way... "He's a good man." (Or a "fine man," as he liked to say.) And he is. He's good to me and to our friends and our family and our church. He's good FOR me. He encourages me in my interests and goals and dreams, he challenges my walk with God, and he indulges my silly little hobbies like shopping and writing about Disney movies. =) 



Happy birthday to my good (great!) man! I love him!



Ash

No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!