Strawberry-Banana Muffins...

I'm not really much of a baker... or a cook... more of a open the roll of cookie dough and plop it on the pan kind of girl. Okay, not really that bad (at least now) but this is one of those recipes that has made it through the very narrow gate of what I find acceptable/what I can prepare without ruining.

I actually found the recipe last summer when I was on a make new food/try new recipes kick (short-lived, obviously) and I've changed it a little but it's not too hard and it's a great way to use up your strawberries and (too-ripe) bananas, too.






(the prettier picture from the website)

Strawberry-Banana Muffins (adapted from food.com)

2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup milk
1/3 cup yogurt (I used vanilla but you can use banana if you want a more banana taste)
1 mashed banana
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 and grease your muffins tins. (My batter made 15 muffins.)


Mix the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and strawberries in a large bowl. Mix the milk, yogurt, banana, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry just enough to combine... do not overmix. Fill tins about 2/3 full each and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm.

I love these muffins! We had them for supper the other night with some bacon and eggs and it was delicious. Why for supper, you say? Well, because having them for breakfast would require getting up early and clearly I have no time for such nonsense. Breakfast for dinner it is!

Enjoy, dears! Bake it up!


Ash


1 comment

  1. In the summer I bake with fruit A LOT! Strawberries are just so perfect in the summer!

    And yay for breakfast for dinner! I am pretty sure I could do it every night :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!