Highlights (not the children's magazine)...

Did anybody else get Highlights? Picture search, Goofus and Gallant, two-page fiction, mind-benders, and surprisingly deep poetry (along with some hideous scribbling) from children around the country (Anita, age 8? Jared, age 6? Alejandro, age 11?) Just me? Maybe you read it at the dentist?.... anyway, that has nothing to do with the post. Moving on...

The end of another week is upon us... I don't do a terribly huge amount of anything, but somehow I blink and the days are over. (Meanwhile, during the freakishly busy school year, I blink and it's only 10:17 am. Explain this phenomenon, genius readers!) I tell you, this summer is speeding by at an alarming rate. Slow down, sweet days of freedom... please slow down. 

Anyway, a few highlights from this week-


Banana pudding... the ultimate summer dessert, at least to me. It's sooo good. Want the recipe? I'll trade you for a Mountain Dew.


Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping, squishy baby face? No, no there's not. I love this boy and if I don't get my hands on him soon I may just skip town and head to Georgia.


My baby sister turned 21 this week. Whaaa? She's just an annoying 9-year-old... okay, not so much anymore. Funny how someone can be a thorn in your side for years and you wake up one day and the two of you are best friends. Very mysterious, the ways of the growing-up process.

And now I want to go back to DisneyWorld. Not that I need a picture to make that happen.


A little pattern mixing action... can you believe this scarf is from Walmart?! I'm pretty picky with my scarf thickness level and it's just right for summer. I've been looking for a scarf with lots of colors... so, yay me! I tell you, this place has some hidden jewels


If you follow me on the 'gram (videos now? what? poor vine...) you know that Jonathan and I were able to check off one of the items on my summer list... golf! It was actually a perfect day for it weather-wise... so really no complaints. 
Actually, one complaint (come on, this is me you're talking to)... the cart paths were soooo ridiculously uneven I felt like I'd been in bumper cars all afternoon. Being jostled and bumped around was hardly comfortable, but since it wasn't blazingly hot I can't say it was too bad. Still... fix that up, Emerald. Come on.

Well, I hate to disappoint, but next week we're headed off to junior camp with a group of 3-6 graders (no worries... a full and complete report on that terrifying journey adventure will be available at the end of the week. In the meantime, I'll try to sneak away and update throughout the week, if only to let you know I'm surviving the elements.

I make no promises... they're a tough crowd, those kids.


Ash

P.S. Linked up with Lauren!

3 comments

  1. great post! you have such a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana Pudding! "I need some!" (to quote Kenzi Lou)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm that banana pudding looks so delicious! And I totally know what you mean, my sister and I would fight like crazy as we were growing up and now we are best friends. I'm so thankful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!