Thankful...

I had every intention of doing an entire "thankfulness" series, but as usual, time has gotten away from me and here I am the night before Thanksgiving, cramming it all into one post. Better late than never, right?

To be honest, I've been busy but I also haven't felt super thankful lately... because as selfish as it is, I've been pretty down about not being with my family at Thanksgiving (for the first time ever!). In fact, I was whining talking about it a few weeks ago and a sweet friend of mine reminded me that I should be thankful for my family, period... thankful that they're all healthy, that they're all saved, that we have a great relationship, etc. Even still, as the holiday has approached I've grown increasingly sad about it. 

Then, as He usually does, the Lord reminded me of just how good I have it. Several things have occurred this week that have made me realize I really have nothing to complain about. Two different friends at church have been expecting their husbands home from deployment for several weeks, only to be told that their tours have been extended indefinitely. Then, I learned this afternoon that one of my dear friends from high school lost her mom to cancer just this morning. Our family has been so blessed and I have been reminded to cherish every day and at the same time put things in perspective.

So, let me share a few things that I am truly, deeply grateful for...



This handsome, wonderful man that I happen to be married to...




These two Baines...


This little Baines...


These three (well, four) Joines...




These four Montepeques...


And all these beautiful people...

And some awesome in-laws....


And a great bunch of Baines/Atwoods...


BFs/Neighbors..


Preacher and Family...


Friends like family...


Forever friends...

Not pictured... our church, school, health, car, apartment, salvation, and the countless little blessings that I don't have time or space to mention. Jesus has been exceedingly, abundantly good to us this year... more than we could ask or think! A new ministry, new friends, but still closely tied to the old... the best of families, the sweetest of husbands...  and the most gracious Savior. 

I am thankful for you, my dear readers. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and get some rest for shopping. =)


Ash







1 comment

  1. Your mamaw asked me when she called me today, if I had read your post yet...told her I had been real busy with "Barbs Bakery"...going to Clarence Owen's funeral, visiting a dear lady in a rest home, etc. and hadn't had time. Now my day is winding down...and I realized I had told my dear friend that I would read your post...such a blessing!!
    Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving with your husband's family...a dear family! love and prayers, Joe and Barbs Haas

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!