1. I made these "Hawaiian Chicken Burgers" for dinner this week, and they were ah-mazing. I adapted the Pinterest recipe and just grilled the chicken (rubbed with seasoning salt and paprika) on the stove with a little butter and about a tablespoon of teriyaki sauce. Then I grilled pineapple rings, added slices of pepperjack cheese, and mixed a little seasoning into the mayo we used. And it was delicious, thank you.
2. I got to wear my yellow Loft skirt on Sunday. Call me materialistic (and I probably am) but it just makes me very happy. And the polka dot shirt I wore with it (also from Loft) made me even happier.
3. Since we've been married, I had yet to attempt a roast, partly because I'm a 'fraidy cat and partly because I never had to, thanks to Mamaw. However, it hardly seems feasible to drive an hour back to Goldsboro for Sunday lunch, so this week I took the plunge. And (hallelujer) it turned out very well. Add green beans and macaroni to the roast/potatoes/carrots in the crockpot (and enough gravy to float a boat) and you have one happy McNeese household.
4. Thanks to my blog post on Wednesday, my friend Rory decided I needed to be meme-ified and to my great surprise, I found this little treasure on Pinterest. I'm pretty sure I laughed for a while when I saw it, mostly because it's true.
5. Yesterday was a beach day with my mom, Mamaw, seester Amy, and adopted seester Claire. It was beautiful- perfect weather, practically no one around, and (shocker) I got a sunburn. (Because I'm stupid and I forgot sunscreen.) And although Mamaw was ready to leave after half an hour, a wonderful time was had by all. =)
It's been a great week- parents, Amy, and Claire are in town and got to see my apartment for the first time, we've tried a few new fun places around New Bern, and basically (other than a mini-meltdown over my writing project, which was greatly helped by Brook and some cookies), it's been a glorious seven days. I am trying to savor all this down time before school starts back! (Ugh... too soon!)
Have a wonderful weekend, everybody! I plan to! =)