Easy Like Monday Morning (Um, Not Really)

Okay, I know that's not how the song goes... and plus, let's talk about those lyrics. Has anyone who attends church ever had an "easy" Sunday morning, especially when children are involved? I would venture to say that the answer is no. And Monday is even worse, especially for you people with actual "I must wear real clothes" j-o-b-s out there. (A perk of staying home is that no one cares if I'm wearing athletic shorts every day. Especially since I'm not particularly athletic.) Anyway, Mondays are not easy for any of us, but this recipe might make yours a little better.

I realize that my "food photography" leaves much to be desires but I think you'll forgive my iPhone pictures when you make this and realize how amazing it is. My mom used to make it when we were growing up and... confession time... I never really cared for it. I don't know why; I would eat it so it wasn't like I just couldn't stand the taste, but it definitely wasn't a favorite. Then when she came to visit in April she made it one night and I fell in love and have made it about half a dozen times since then, including last night. I decided to jot down the "recipe" (so easy that it deserves quotation marks) and share with y'all because it's so good and so simple. 

All you need is chicken, vegetables (onion, roma tomatoes, and peppers) and one special, nonnegotiable ingredient, which shall be revealed below.


Cut everything into chunks and put it in a large baking dish. I love the pretty colors of bell peppers!


This is the golden ticket right here. My mom insists that there is no substitute. I used to be able to find it in more stores but now there is literally one grocery store around here that sells it and we have to make a special trip, but it's so worth it. 

I used three chicken breasts, four roma tomatoes, one onion, and one each of red, yellow, and green peppers. Then mix the marinade according to the instructions on the package (I use olive oil and apple cider vinegar and I think it helps the flavor a lot.) Stir to coat all everything and bake at 350 for one hour. 


Serve with rice and enjoy! (The marinade makes a yummy sauce to pour over the rice.) We've also started eating the leftovers on tortillas kind of like a fajita. So good! This makes a great meal to throw in right when you get home and have ready by the time homework/play time is done. I actually put a little rice, chicken, and vegetables in the blender so Alice got to have some too. =) My next step is to try it in the crockpot. If you prep the chicken and vegetables the night before it's even faster! There you go! An easy meal with yummy leftovers. (Oh, and it's only 3 weight watchers points, for anyone playing along at home. Yay! =) 

Happy, easier Monday, everyone! Have a great week!



No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!