Alice Juliet- Three Months

I really can't believe how big my baby is! It's exciting, yes, and I'm thankful she's healthy and happy but it really makes me very sad! Here's a little update about our girl right now. =)


Gotta throw in a "Bama Baby" picture since we're National Champs once again!

Weight and Length- as of her last appointment, she was 11 pounds 6 ounces and 22 3/4 inches long. I know she's grown since then! I feel like she grows by the hour! =(

Nicknames- Alice from the Palace, Love Bug, Squish, Poocho, Pookie. 


Sleep- great! She moved into her room last week (tears!) and she fusses for a little while each night but she's sleeping all night (and mysteriously getting from one end of her crib to the other during that time... I'm tempted to video her and see how that's happening!) 


Eating- still all milk, all the time =) and she's doing great! It's amazing how much less of an ordeal nursing is now that it doesn't hurt anymore. Such a blessing! 


Clothing- she's in 0-3 and 3 months now... some of it is still very loose but a few outfits are already small... it just depends on the brand. The 0-3 dress she wore Sunday was teeny tiny but the onesie she has on today is huge. She has a lot of 0-3 clothes so hopefully she won't outgrow them before she has a chance to wear them all! (She's like her mama... too many clothes!) 

Mood- very happy! I love that I can get a smile out of her pretty much any time. She's such a sweetheart and loves to ham it up when she's getting attention at church or wherever. She turns heads everywhere we go and definitely doesn't mind it! =) 


Loves-

-her daddy (naturally)
-sitting up (with help, obviously)
-rocking/cuddling 
-lying on the changing pad- it's seriously her happy place. Cracks me up!
-watching TV or listening to her Disney songs
-kicking and scooting
-being read to- bring so much joy to my book-loving heart!
-bath time... I know she'll love swimming in the future!
-sucking her thumb (much to my chagrin) 
-grabbing (aka pulling) my hair 

Doesn't Love-

-being ignored =) 

-her hands being covered
-being left alone in her room (and then she goes to sleep and she's fine =) 

What I Want to Remember/Milestones- oh my goodness... she's changing so much! I can't handle it! She's so smiley and "talkative" and seriously just a joy to have around. (Words I need to remind myself of when she's got the red-eyed JackJack scream going on. Ha!) Seriously though, she's a very happy girl and she's working hard on growing up. =( She is trying to roll over, holding her head all the time, and gets tickled at herself. It's so funny! I'm loving this sweet, snuggly stage... she'll lay on my lap and watch movies or listen to a book for quite a long time. It's the best! 

What I'm Looking Forward To- well her getting bigger makes me very sad but I'm loving watching her little personality show itself more and more so that is fun and something to look forward to. =)


Me- I'm pretty much an emotional wreck at how big she's getting. I was terribly nervous about transitioning her into her room (and have stayed glued to the monitor every night) but she's done better than I imagined. And this doesn't really have to do with being a mom but (as of last night... so hardcore! haha) I'm going to the gym and trying to get in shape. (I would say back in shape but I really wasn't before. =) I have pretty much lost most of my pregnancy weight but the remainder has... shifted, I suppose. So I'm working on that! It's actually the first time ever that I've been semi-excited to work out. I'm also counting carrying Alice in her carseat up the stairs as a work out because it IS. Sheesh!



She's a smiley, sweet, silly little love and we are so blessed to have her in our lives! Happy three months (and four days =) Alice Juliet!


Ash



No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!