34 Weeks

Hello, children... just checking in from 34 weeks and two days, where the sleep is shoddy and the clothes are tight. =) Things are actually really good and other than the usual discomfort of being a humongous pregnant lady, I'm feeling fine! (Jonathan might disagree as my hormones have made me a teensy bit emotional... poor guy really is a saint.) 

Before I get into the update that you're all dying to read, here are a couple of things that have really made me happy lately: 


Jonathan made biscuits and chocolate gravy the other night and I was pretty much in tears of joy (see? hormones.) 


I put my fall stuff out this week and it's made me smile every time I look at it. I'm also ignoring the fact that it's still 90 degrees outside. 


I took this picture in Hobby Lobby to point out the fact that I'm actually really tired of shopping for nursery decorations. BUT the good thing is that this skirt from Old Navy was $1.25! That's right, a buck and a quarter for a cute, fall-colored, and most importantly stretchy skirt that I can wear after the baby comes too. Yay! I also got it in a dark magenta color that was only $2 so, #winning.


How far along: 34 weeks and 2 days.
How big is baby: for once, the whole fruit/vegetable thing has paid off because she's the size of a pineapple! My favorite! =) 
Weight gain: not sure... still avoiding eye contact with the scale at the doctor. #denydenydeny
Sleeping: I don't want to jinx anything but it's actually been better the last few nights. (Knock on wood!) I mean, I'm still only getting 5-6 hours at the most but that's a huge improvement over 2-3 at a time. I know it's all going to be over when the baby comes anyway so I'm just trying to enjoy all sleep while I can.

Food cravings: Arby's. Gross, right? But seriously I want curly fries and Arby's sauce, like now. Good thing there's not one close by or I'd be hitting it up way too often. 
Food aversions: nothing, really. EAT ALL THE THINGS.
Symptoms: my back hurts and getting up and down is hugely (no pun intended) uncomfortable (working in the nursery has been killer) but I'm counting my blessings since I know I could be in a lot more pain. 
Miss Anything?:  This sounds dumb, but I'm actually getting sad about our "alone time" coming to an end. It's been just me and Jonathan for all these years and even though I know having Alice is going to be magical and all that I know that it's never going to be the same, which is fine but still a little weird. See you in 18 years, babe. =) (Obviously just kidding. Date nights will definitely be happening!) 
Doctor’s appointment: Great! We went this morning and her heartbeat and growth are perfectly on schedule. Next week we'll get to see her one more time on the ultrasound before the big day! 
Clothes: I got the stretchy skirt mentioned above and some more maternity jeans for $6 (seriously Old Navy is my bff) but when I'm home it's mostly tank tops and shorts because #elastic. 

Stripes on stripes... putting on a real outfit is worth documenting these days.

Movement: she is usually quiet when I'm moving and super active when I'm resting... it's still the weirdest feeling to see her jabbing herself outward (whatever body part it is... no idea!) and watch my stomach jump around. Weird but very cool. =) 
Best moment of the week: getting most of the nursery decor up and finished! Although the WORST moment of the week was probably having to move a shelf, mirror, and two picture frames 8 inches to the right and adding a bunch of holes that we'll have to patch up. Poor, poor Jonathan. But seriously, getting things up and seeing them how they were in my head has been great- tedious, but very rewarding now that it's done. When everything's done I'll bombard you with pictures!
What I’m looking forward to: finishing the nursery (a huge relief) and our little getaway trip  to San Antonio next weekend. (I refuse to use the word "babymoon" so it's really just a belated anniversary celebration/our lives are about to change forever trip. I know there are a lot of cool things to see there but honestly I'm mostly looking forward to In 'N' Out. It's been ten years, people... I need that cheeseburger. 
What I did / Got for baby: well the box of stuff from my Georgia shower finally came so a bunch of clothes are here and ready to be organized. After an obnoxious number of trips to Hobby Lobby and Michael's, I've also found the last few little decorative touches for the nursery too so that's a blessing... there are still some purchases to be made but nothing that has to look a certain way. (A crib mattress is a crib mattress, you know?) 
Prayer requests: As always, health and safety for the baby and for me... It's getting so close and I'm very thankful that everything's going so well but I'm just freaking out. I'm having a BABY. (Duh, right?) But seriously... yikes! And yay! And all the other emotions! 
And finally, I leave you with this... my strange, top-heavy shape seemed very familiar and now I know why. (I seriously can't stop laughing at it.) Happy Thursday from me and Gru!

Ash

No comments

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!